i t a l i a , t i . a m o











images courtesy of cubagallery






Like most girls, I have always been in love with Paris. Or maybe it is the idea of Paris that I love- who knows. I remember sitting in my first French lesson in grade 7 and while we listened to cheesy educational conversation tapes and ate bread sticks with brie, I thought to myself  'If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to live there'. Of course, that was over a decade ago and I am still yet to visit "Gay Paree". Sigh.

Truthfully, I have no one to blame but myself. When it comes to planning and saving I am, to say the least, "easily distracted". Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my life to date and as a friend put it, 'Paris will always be there'. Despite this admission, there is a hole in my heart that only Paris can fill and nothing tears at my Paris heartstrings more than the endless torrent of Eiffel Tower photos on Facebook.

Recently, another hole in my heart has appeared. And this one belongs to the charming Italy. I don't know why or when it appeared, but I am obsessed! It could have something to do with the fact that I'm reading 'Eat Pray Love' and the author travels to Rome to learn Italian and just...well... be Italian. It could also have something to do with the fact that I watched the awful film 'Letters to Juliet' which was set in Verona*.Or maybe it's that recently I was introduced to a rather large book called 'Made in Italy: Food and Stories'. Or it could be the assortment of Italian wines at work or the fact that I'm missing Lorenzo's food. I should think it's a combination of all of the above. Either way, those of you have been to Italy (and no doubt posted a torrent of facebook photos) will surely be able to understand what all the fuss is about.

All I can say is 'Italy, I'm on my way'. I'll avoid every op-shop, vintage store, restaurant, festival/concert, clothing store, Dan Murphy's, Ebay and even the chocolate aisle (Damn you Lindt!), just so I can...well...be Italian too.


Buona Notte
xx



*Do yourself a favour and cross this one off the must-see list. The only reason to watch this film is for the Tuscan scenery...something which you can find on google maps/images anyway. Also, you'll save on the rental fee AND you wont feel the need to roll your eyes (or vomit) every 5 minutes. You can thank me later.





molly orangette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to comment on my blog. I read all of your comments and reply where I can. I will always check out your blog so leave a link!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...