m a m a s i t a ' s . i n . m e l b o u r n e


In my previous blog post I mentioned that I was off to Melbourne. After 5 whirlwind days, 4 (very) late nights, 3 fabulous dinners, 2 op shop expeditions and 1 reunion with my beautiful friend Karen later, I am back in Byron...with the post Melbourne blues. Unfortunately, I had misplaced my camera charger which meant that I had very little battery for photos. Such a bummer. Luckily Karen brought her Diana mini so hopefully she will develop them and post up the photos on her blog soon...*hint hint*

Highlights include:

  1. Finding the department store equivalent of op shops in Brunswick and buying a typewriter
  2. MoVida Aqui's Spanish tapas and sangria...YUM!
  3. Drinking Larmandier Champagne and listening to The Smiths on vinyl with a friend who was house-sitting a mansion that overlooked the city
  4. $4 gourmet pizzas at Lucky Coq on Chapel Street
  5. Admiring all the Victorian townhouses' that someday I will hopefully call my own! And most importantly...
  6. Mamasita: I had heard a lot of good reports about this quirky tequila bar. We braved the wind and the cold and lined up for half an hour to get the best seat in the place...the bar of course! The food is spectacular and the margarita's are well worth the trip to Melbourne alone. The staff are a little odd but friendly enough. I ate an oxtail taco which nearly killed me. The chilli was so intense that my eyesight and hearing temporarily failed me. Definitely a must see when you're visiting Melbourne next. Get in early though as you may have to wait up to an hour for a table.
Apologies for the quality of the photographs. The lighting wasn't great and I was too busy stuffing my face to be concerned with camera settings.

xxx

Yes please!
 



The extremely decadant dessert we fell in love with. Unfortunately not sugar-free!

My 1950's typewriter!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Loveeeee!! "The staff are a little odd" hahaha. Your typewriter didn't take long to arrive, hoorah! It looks so good with that "ransom note" quote - did you make it yourself??

PS will develop the film as soon as I finish it off, need another adventure STAT so I can take more photos!!

sarah said...

Yeah that comment was for you :P

It arrived safe'n'sound thank goodness. I made the ransom note frame a few weeks back. I have another DIY frame idea in store so stay tuned.

Can't wait to see the photos! Especially the double exposed ones hahaha

Post a Comment

I appreciate everyone that takes the time to comment on my blog. I read all of your comments and reply where I can. I will always check out your blog so leave a link!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...